Amongst its core initiatives is an active outreach program to create awareness about key factors leading to operational incidents and about readily available tools and resources which can assist all types of organizations to address safety related issues and to mitigate the risks associated with helicopter operations.
The organization is currently organized under a Steering Committee which oversees a Safety Implementation Team with five working groups in the following subject areas:
- Outreach to regional operators and regulators;
- Review and harmonization of regulatory framework, standards, and infrastructure;
- Improving Safety Management Systems and Risk Management in the region;
- Improving Safety in Flight Training and Operations;
- Improving Safety in Maintenance, and standards in Maintenance Programs and Technician training in the region.
The organization is currently comprised of, or supported by members from the following organizations:
|Airbus Helicopters||Chevron||Petronas Carigali|
|Agusta Westland||ENI Australia||Travira Air|
|Bell Helicopters||GISGOC||Weststar Aviation|
|Sikorsky Aircraft||Shell Aircraft|